Volunteer Opportunities for Teens
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at the Library!
Please read the following before applying.
- Applying to volunteer at the Library does not guarantee that you will be selected and given volunteer hours to complete.
- Volunteers must be at least 13 years of age. If you are 18 or over, please fill out the Adult Volunteeer application.
- Volunteers must apply in advance of the time they need to start volunteering. You will not be able to volunteer the day you apply to volunteer.
- Volunteers will not be allowed to volunteer for more than 3 hours on any one day.
- If you need a significant amount of hours, it is requested that you look for volunteering opportunities at other locations in addition to the Library (see below for some other community locations to try).
- If you need to complete volunteer time within two weeks of applying, it is very likely you will not have the ability to do so at the Library. If you need to complete more than 6 hours within two weeks of applying, you will NOT be able to complete all hours at the Library.
Volunteer activities may include organizing materials, cleaning, helping with programs, or other activities to be decided by Library staff.
Fill out our online application to get started: Volunteer Now
Other Volunteer Opportunities:
A Sampling of Other Locations in the Community that may have Volunteer Opportunities Available
This is by no means a complete list of other places to volunteer in the Utica area, but is a good place to start.
- American Red Cross - Mohawk Valley Chapter
- Focus Rehabilitation and Nursing at Utica
- Grace Church
- Hope House
- Mohawk Valley Resource Center for Refugees
- The Salvation Army
- Spring Farm Cares
- St. Joseph Nursing Home
- Utica Zoo
- American Cancer Society - Central NY Region
- Central Association for the Blind
- Girl Scouts of NYPENN Pathways
- Heritage Health Center
- Johnson Park Center
- Rescue Mission of Utica
- Stevens-Swan Humane Society
- St. Elizabeth Medical Center
- Thea Bowman House