Employment & Volunteer Opportunities at Utica Public Library
The Library is looking to hire a new leader for the Circulation Department of an active and vibrant urban public library. Prospective candidates should enjoy working with people and delivering high quality customer service with tact, courtesy and professionalism to all users of the library.
POSITION: Circulation Department Supervisor (Full Time)
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
- Manage all aspects of the Circulation Department including supervision, training and evaluation of personnel; technical services; and circulation procedures.
- Responsible for money handling processes and procedures.
- Attend meetings/workshops related to Circulation activities.
- Assist in all departments of The Library’s operation - Reference, Children’s, and Office.
- Prepare statistical reports and help with analysis of library performance metrics on a regular basis.
- Complete and approve payroll for Circulation staff every pay period.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 37.5 hours per week, with availability for evening and Saturday hours as the schedule dictates, or as required by the Director.
STARTING WAGE: $13.00/hour
BENEFITS: Health/Dental/Vision, Paid Time Off, New York State Retirement, Paid Family Leave
- High School Diploma
- Previous library experience is preferred, but candidates with other retail and/or clerical experience will be considered
- Typing and computer skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to supervise the work of others
- Ability to interact successfully with a diverse clientele
- Detail oriented
- Commitment to quality public library service
HOW TO APPLY: Please submit a cover letter and resume via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Monday, August 27, 2018