Join us for the 2017 New York State
starting June 26th
Build a Better World one brick at a time!
Recommended for ages 0 to 16 years.
Read at least one book each week for a chance to win exciting prizes!!
How it works:
Sign up in the Children's Room and receive a Build a Better Sundae ticket sheet and slips.
Starting with the Week 1 slip, color in one brick for each book you read.
Each week, bring in your sheet to get a stamp on the Build a Better Sundae ticket, receive a goody prize, and enter the weekly and grand prize drawings.
When you have completed all six weeks, you will receive a free book!
Collect all six stamps on the Build a Better Sundae ticket for admittance to the
Build a Better World
Friday, August 11th from 2:00 to 4:00pm.
Be sure to check out our calendar of events for all our fun programs!
You can also stop by the Children's Room to pick up a monthly paper copy.
Sometimes we ask to please register for a program as we have limited supplies and space. You can register online using our calendar or by calling us at (315) 735-2279 ext 4.
We have wonderful special guests visiting, so don't miss out!
Click on guest image to learn more
Some benefits of attending summer programs at the library include:
- Advance literacy and academic performance by engaging children and teens in reading and reading-related activities during the summer months.
- Foster a love of reading through public library programs and services.
- Increase successful reading experiences through librarian-supported, self-selected, voluntary reading.
- Involve parents and all family members in the library summer reading experience.
- Improve children’s access to library materials and activities, which will encourage them to become lifelong library users.
- Increase the number of children and teens participating in public library summer reading programs.
- Prevent Summer Reading Loss.