Position: Part Time Library Assistant,
Hours: Evenings and Saturdays; Minimum 6 hours per week with possible additional hours in 2022.
Pay Rate: $13.90 per hour
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
Perform various support tasks in the Children’s Room as well as assisting library patrons.
1. Plan and implement children’s and teen programs.
- Provide directional information to patrons on the phone, via e-mail and in person.
- Assist patrons with computer use.
- Assist with programs as needed.
- Answer reference questions.
- Locate materials for patrons.
- Design, set up and maintain displays.
- Update online calendars with new programs
- Photocopy reports, fliers, etc..
- Help with circulation tasks and maintenance of library materials.
- Represent the library at community events as needed.
- Ability to post on various social media platforms
- Other duties as assigned.
Associates Degree or completion of two years of college study.
Must enjoy working with children as well as teens and be able to interact successfully with a diverse clientele.
Ability to work independently with attention to detail.
Flexibility and a commitment to quality public library service with co-workers.
HOW TO APPLY: Please submit a cover letter, resume and three references via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until Filled