As a public library in New York State, we are not allowed to charge fees for our services and programs. Therefore, we must rely on contributions from the community we serve.
By making a contribution to the Utica Public Library, you will help to support the organization’s vital work. There are many opportunities to donate your time or make a financial donation. Your support will help to sustain the programs and services of the Library, such as:
- Free programs for area children that help develop literacy skills.
- Free access to newspapers, magazines, and books for everyone. This is especially important to the many new immigrants living in Utica to help learn the language and culture of their new country.
- Support of area artists by providing a venue for exhibits and receptions.
- Free computer use, which helps patrons find jobs and homes, and research colleges and programs of study.
- Free meeting space for community organizations.