Utica Public Library's 3rd Annual
for teens and adults (ages 13 and up)
Entries will be accepted on Friday, July 27th, 2018, 1:00-5:00 pm
Only the first 70 entries will be accepted for the contest.
The 3 winners will be announced at a reception held during Fandemicon - Saturday, August 18th 2018
- The contest is open to ages 13 and up.
- The artists NAME, PHONE # and AGE must be on the back of the entry. Title of entry (if applicable) must also be on the back. (if you are over 18, you can just put “over 18”)
- The acceptable media are ALL (flat surface) MEDIA *see below
- All entries will be hung on a wall – staples or thumb tacks will be used if no wire is present or the piece is not framed (be aware that your entry may have tack holes in the corners)
- Participants may submit one entry. (one entry per person)
- Acceptable maximum width for any entry is 48 inches (4 feet).
- Entries may be dropped off in the main lobby of the library.
Win Cash Prizes! Categories to consider:
Manga and Anime
*Flat surface media includes acrylic paint, oil paint, watercolor, pastel, charcoal, pen, pencil, colored pencil, crayon, ink, chalk, marker, washes, collage, textured surface, decoupage, & photos within a collage.
Feel free to ask if you are uncertain about the media.
Digital works will be accepted with the following 2 requirements:
- The artist of the digital work must verify the original concept by means of an original sketch or design.
- The artist of the digital work accepts that the entry will be labeled as a digital work.
The following media will not be accepted: scuplture, pottery, mobiles (this includes hanging sculpture & wall mounted sculpture), photography, film, video. (photos within a collage or mixed media are acceptable)
PLEASE REMEMBER THE FANART CONTEST IS A FAMILY FRIENDLY EVENT. PLEASE ADHERE TO A PG-13 RATING. THANK YOU!